… Separation of church and state is usually a good thing, but I think this is the perfect time of year for Congress to try some Lenten discipline.
The church calls for a 40-day focus on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving to prepare for the mystery of the Resurrection. I think we’re all agreed that the first two of these should stay as part of our budget fast, but almsgiving, while all right and proper in the private sphere, is what got us into this mess in the first place. …
- Elon Musk and Hyperloop
- Pawley’s Island
- The universe is missing light. . .
- Power precedes politics: What liberal internationalists don’t understand
- The Boys at the Back
- When in Rome: Team America shut down
- Universal pre-K is bad for everyone
- Pastor Saeed Abedini’s letter from inside Iran’s Evin Prison
Catechism of the Catholic Church: Prologue
"FATHER,... this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."1
"God our Saviour desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."2
"There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved"3 - than the name of JESUS.
1 Jn 17 3; 2 1 Tim 2:3-4; 3 Acts 4:12