Today is Day 28 of the 40 Days for Life 2012 spring campaign (February 22 – April 1), and so far 363 babies have been saved.
Some more info on what 40 Days for Life has accomplished since its beginnings in 2007:
There have now been nine coordinated 40 Days for Life campaigns since 2007, mobilizing people of faith and conscience in 422 cities across the United States and Canada, plus communities in Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belize, Denmark, England, Georgia, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Puerto Rico and Spain.
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 1,633 individual campaigns have taken place in 422 cities
- More than 500,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 14,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 5,045 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 61 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 21 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 1,800 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast … and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery